"A virtue is an habitual and firm disposition to do the
good. It allows the person not only to perform good acts,
but to give the best of himself. The virtuous person tends
toward the good with all his sensory and spiritual powers;
he pursues the good and chooses it in concrete actions."
The Theological Virtues (Received at baptism)
The 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit
7. Fear of the Lord
7 Sacraments of the Church
6. Holy Orders
7. Anointing of the Sick
The Corporal Works of Mercy
1. Feeding the hungry
2. Giving drink to the thirsty
3. Clothing the naked
4. Sheltering the homeless
5. Visiting the sick
6. Visiting the imprisoned
7. Burying the dead
The Spiritual Works of Mercy
The seven practices of Catholic charity toward our neighbor's soul:
1. Admonishing the sinner
2. Instructing the ignorant
3. Counseling the doubtful
4. Comforting the sorrowful
5. Bearing wrongs patiently
6. Forgiving injuries
7. Praying for the living and the dead
The Seven Deadly Sins With Conquering Virtues
The 7 deadly sins with the corresponding conquering virtues. The conquering virtues are the virtuous actions that act as remedies against the deadly sins.
1. Pride (Humility / Modesty)
2. Envy (Kindness / Charity)
3. Lust (Chastity / Purity)
4. Wrath (Patience / Meekness)
5. Gluttony (Abstinence / Moderation)
6. Greed/Avarice (Generosity / Liberality)
7. Sloth/Acedia (Diligence / Zeal)
The Cardinal (Moral) Virtues
The Cardinal Virtues with brief definitions:
1. Prudence (knowing the appropriate what, when, and how)
2. Justice (treating others fairly)
3. Temperance (acting moderately)
4. Fortitude (doing what's right in all situations)
The Three Eminent Good Works
Nine Ways of Being Accessory to Another's Sin
1. By counsel ("You should get an abortion")
2. By command ("You must get an abortion")
3. By consent ("You are getting an abortion? Good idea!")
4. By provocation ("He will get angry if I keep bugging him")
5. By praise or flattery ("Way to cheat on your wife buddy!")
6. By concealment ("I'll cover-up your crime")
7. By partaking ("We can rob this business together")
8. By silence ("I know you stole it, but I won't tell")
9. By defense of the sinful action ("His car was unlocked; it deserved to be stolen")
Sins Against the Holy Spirit
1. Presumption on God's mercy
3. Resisting and/or attacking the known Truth
4. Envy at another's spiritual good
5. Obstinacy in sin
6. Final impenitence
Sins Crying to Heaven for Vengeance
1. Willful murder
3. Oppression of the Poor
4. Defrauding laborers of their wages
The Eight Beatitudes (Matthew Chapter 5 - Christ's sermon upon the mount)
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are the meek: for they shall posses the land.
3. Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
4. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
5. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
8. Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of